Sunday 11 August 2013

FRIDAY FICTIONEERS - TINY DANCER - MY 100 WORDS BY LINDA PALUND



Tiny Dancer
            She had spun herself back to the 21st century, knowing full well that time travel made me sick.  She thought she could escape in time, but a little nausea wasn’t going to stop me.
            “Sima! What the hell are you doing?”
            “Oh, Girlie! Look at me! I can spin and spin!”
            Sima, our ‘Simulacrum’, the latest AI product from Peachy Keen, had self-realization issues.   “I’m too damn perfect to be anyone’s toy.  I gotta be free, Girlie, free!” 
            The 21st Century ‘normals’ hadn’t noticed her, but my special lenses kept her in focus. The poor kid didn’t have a chance.

This Dabble in FLASH FICTION is from FRIDAY FICTIONEERS courtesy of:
http://rochellewisofffields.wordpress.com/2013/08/07/9-august-2013/
and you can comment on mine below:

2 comments:

  1. Dear Lindaura,

    The first thing that comes to my mind is, "No disassemble, Stephanie. Five is a live!" Cute time travel story. Or dare I say, "Peachy Keen?"

    shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was definitely unexpected. “I’m too damn perfect to be anyone’s toy." i used to tell myself that sometimes. lol

    ReplyDelete